Friday, January 7, 2011

The BIG GIRL Bed




Samantha loves her big girl bed! She had been doing very well sleeping at night. There have been a few times when she wakes up crying in the middle of the night, and once when I went to her room I found her laying on the floor! She has gotten into the routine of waking up in the morning and coming into our room. I've been waking up because I feel a little hand reaching up and touching my back, or poking me in the eye, depending which way I am laying. Why Samantha feels the need to come to my side of the bed I don't know. Nap time has proven a little more challenging in the big girl bed. 3 out of 5 days this week there was no nap. Samantha seems to be more interested in playing outside of her bed and roaming the halls during nap. We've been having to redirect her back to bed and asking her to use her whispering voice in bed so she doesn't wake Jake. Today she said "if I be more quiet, then I can get up?" Nice try Sammy, but that's not exactly how it works!